Fall is upon us, and that means…. It is soup season! I could write a cookbook on the all the soups I’ve grown to love over the years, but this one is taking the cake this week. Introducing:
Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Not only was this SUPER easy and quick, it tastes exactly like the restaurant version. The Italian sausage gives it just the right amount of kick, and the kale makes you think you’re eating a healthy meal. It’s really a win-win in my book.
If I haven’t sold you yet, just take a look at how minimal the ingredients list is. Who else hates when they find a divine recipe online, just to find out that you have to buy half of the grocery store?
Without further ado…
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 yellow onion (or a generous amount of onion powder if you have a picky eater in your house)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon flour
64 ounces chicken broth
4 large potatoes, cut into slices
1 cup whipping cream
6 cups kale pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin browning sausage in large pot
- When sausage is halfway cooked, add garlic and onion
- When onions are translucent and sausage is completely cooked, sprinkle flour over mixture and stir
- Add chicken broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil
- Once boiling, add potatoes. Cook for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender
- Reduce heat, stir in whipping cream and kale. Cook for five additional minutes
- Serve warm, garnish with parmesan
Hope you all enjoy this treat as much as I did!